Professional Photography for a Positive First Impression
Real Estate Photo Shoot Check LIst
• De-clutter as much as possible, especially excessively furnished rooms – store excess in garage
• Replace all light bulbs with matching bulbs (daylight preferred)
• Remove all personal items e.g. photos
• Tidy / Hide all power leads / cables
• Move garbage cans out of sight.
• Remove piles of mail, newspaper and magazines.
• Clean all windows inside and out.
Living Areas / Recreational Rooms
• Turn off TV and put remotes away
• Remove all toys, fans, game consoles
• Remove Exercise bikes / equipment
• Arrange DVDs, games, books neatly in shelves
• Turn off and clean ceiling fan
Kitchen / Dining Areas
• Clean and put away all dishes / cutlery
• Remove all small appliances
• Clean all splash backs, range hoods and large appliances especially if stainless steel
• Remove all detergents, dish clothes, dish rack, tea towels, drain plugs
• Ensure range hood lights are working
• Remove all objects from fridge e.g. magnets, photos
• Remove bins and pet bowls
• Minimize bench top clutter e.g. salt and pepper, coffee, cereal boxes
• Make all beds. Solid color bed clothes photograph better than patterns.
• De-clutter toys, books, games, tissue boxes
• Remove all personal items
• Ensure bedside lamps are working
• Remove posters / stickers from walls
• Clear away all clothes
Bathrooms / Powder Rooms
• Remove all soaps / shampoo / face washers / bath mats / toys / scales / bins
• Remove all tooth brushes / tooth paste / razors / hair dryers.
• Make sure glass and mirrors are spotless
• Remove all non-matching towels
• Remove toilet cleaning utensils / plungers
• Ensure toilet paper roll is full
• Close all toilet lids
• Mow and rake the lawn and trim edges
• Rake / sweep up leaves, sticks, papers
• Remove all gardening equipment e.g. hoses, rakes, wheel barrows
• Sweep or preferably pressure clean driveway and paved areas
• Tidy garden e.g. weeds
• Remove washing and pins from clothes line
• Remove all cars / boats / bikes / trailers
• Remove all toys
• Ensure pool is clean
• Remove all pool cleaners and poles
• Remove all pool toys
60 minutes before photo shoot
• Set the table (optional)
• Place wine glasses and wine on outside table (optional)
• Open all blinds
• Turn on ALL lights
• Turn off ceiling fans
• Turn off TV
• Put pets away
• Put children away
• Ensure vehicles can’t be seen (street in front of house should be clear of cars)
• Remove washing from clothes lines
The photo shoot will take about an hour per thousand square feet of living space.
I will be photographing the inside and outside of your home. I’ll be photographing all of the major rooms. I normally do not photograph the garage unless it has special features. If you have special features of your home that are not obvious please let me know about these so I include them in the shoot.
Let me know if your home contains valuable works of art. I can edit photos to make these items unrecognizable or make sure they are not in the photographs.
If you have questions please contact your realtor or Reed Radcliffe @ 314.276.7481